Monday 4 April 2016

Recipe 1 - expectation

Recipe for happiness -guess what?

There is none.

How can anyone give a recipe for 'your' happiness? Can anyone eat for you and you get the benefits?

No.

Its your life so you have to write your own recipe.
This morning my maid walked in my house happy. I asked myself, " This woman works endlessly in people's houses for her family, where does she find happiness ? What is it that makes her happy?"

I walked out to my yoga class and kept thinking about it. After the class I decided to write my recipes of happiness each day.

So today's recipe is expectation. How much of this seasoning you add is upto you.

It is only human to expect. You expect your computer to work,  expect children to get decent grades, your Internet to work, list goes on. But what really is 'expectation'. It is really your perception of things. You want things to way the way you want.  And of course other person's perception will differ from you.  That's totally fine, we are all different and fallible, I may add.

One of my close friends in Sydney is very happy; at least she seems that way. Does she have a perfect husband?  Is she professionally satisfied or children are  great at academics? In my opinion - no, no and no to all the questions. So how is she happy?

The answer is the expectation. Lower it. Don't think she expects anything from her husband or work or children academics. No expectation and she is happy.
What is more important?

Internet working or internal peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment